Friday, January 6, 2012

Less is more??

So I've been fiddling with the idea of cutting my weight lifting sessions in half from 5-6 days per week to 2-3 days per week. So far, by concentrating on compound lifts such as deadlift, bench press, squat, overhead press, and rows, I have had some amazing training sessions and my body has reacted in a way that I haven't felt in a long time....super soreness! So maybe the less is more thing is more my speed and exactly the kind of change my muscles were needing in order to grow. This also allows me to run a little more on days that I'm not lifting, which is perfect for my half marathon training. So if you're stuck in a rut, try cutting back a bit and making your workouts count by increasing your poundage and shortening your reps and pushing your muscles a little harder. The extra rest in between may be just what you need to gain some needed strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment