Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Wife, the Motivator

So yesterday, Misti ran a 5k obstacle course in Mission Bay that she signed up for in Shape Magazine. The event was called the Diva Dash so as you can imagine it was an all female race full of costumes and goofy running attire. There were a few serious athletes, though, and to my surprise, my wife was one of them...actually not just one of them, she was one of the best of them! I knew she was athletic but I had never seen her really compete so this was an eye opener for me.
The course was extremely tough; imagine running a 5k in wet sand, climbing obstacles, jumping barriers, crawling under ropes and splashing knee deep through the ocean...in a blazing 28 minutes!! I know Marines that can't run a 5k in 28 minutes on flat pavement with the sun shining. She did all of that in 50 degree weather in the rain! I was super proud of her, because I know she wanted to quit or at least walk certain portions, but she kept on running, passing people that started 15 minutes before she did. She says I am her motivation, but the truth is, she motivates me more than she could ever know. Way to go babe, keep up the good work!
Oh and we are running a 5k trail race in a couple weeks...I hope I can keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment