Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lemme Splain....Too Much, Lemme Sum Up.

First off, thank you so much for reading, I truly appreciate it.  Second, I hope to help at least one person achieve their fitness goal, no matter what it is. 

Just a little background on me, I am a Marine of 8 1/2 years, and I've been all over the grid when it comes to fitness.  I've been too skinny, (most of my life-in high school I weighed in at a whopping 125 pounds), too fat (in 2004 I had some stomach issues that required prednisone to fix and it took me to over 210 lbs), and completely out of shape to where I was too exhausted to climb a staircase.  I've also been to the other end of the spectrum...I was a runner for over a year in 2008, consistently running 5-8 miles a day; I have been your everyday gym rat that just wanted to grow like some kind of lab experiment and went from 169 lbs to 197 lbs in 3 short months from Oct to Dec 2009, and I've been lean and muscular enough to pose like one of those creepy Abercrombie guys that just stands at the entrance of the store and wreaks of man perfume with his shirt off!  All in all, I have gone from a skinny kid to fat kid to muscle head to ripped clothing store model.  I know what works and what doesn't, and if I don't, I promise to research it to help your needs.

Fitness has been a part of my regimen since I decided to gain some muscle after high school, but to be honest it was never like it is now....a religion.  I would be like every other out of shape American and just go to the gym for a few months, and quit.  Or I'd start eating healthy for a week, then screw it up with a McDonald's run or 12 pack of beer.  Only this last year did I have an epiphany...I am so much happier when I'm fit.  I am more productive and much more willing to go out and live life to its fullest when I'm in shape, like nothing can hold me back.  This is what I want for my readers, to have the same curtain rise in their brain and say, "When you're fit, you're happy!"

3 comments:

  1. I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite blogs to follow! And even better...I know the author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to him people...he's like my little fitness/diet buddha, minus the belly :) He's smart, motivated, inspirational, and most importantly a wealth of knowledge. He'll have your wimpy/fat/unmotivated can looking fantastic in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Bub! Very uplifting..with all the changes to my poor body this gives me hope I can be "fit and happy!"

    ReplyDelete