Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Motivational Rant

Okay, I’m not really sure why, but I just feel like ranting a bit today, so consider this your pre-game motivational speech…and what’s it about you say??  If I hear one more person say, ‘Well some of us can’t do that’, or ‘That doesn’t work for me, I’ve tried everything’, or ‘That won’t solve all my problems’, I am gonna lose it!! Where are my positive thinkers out there??  Have you just given up?  You’re body is too far gone, huh?  NO IT ISN’T!!
Have you ever watched “The Biggest Loser”?  Do you think that 400lb 45 year old guy feels like going for a brisk walk uphill on a treadmill??  Hell no!  What about the 300lb 36 year old diabetic woman who is complaining about how much it hurts her body to perform up downs til she pukes?  I highly doubt she enjoyed a minute of it, but you know what, she needed it!  And I promise you her feet were killing her, but the trainers pushed her through it and I guarantee you, now that she is free of Diabetes, and 150lbs lighter, she is happy as hell someone made her do something ‘she couldn’t do’.
There is no ‘cure all’ as someone said earlier this week about running, but you know what, it’s better than not running, and I promise you someone that runs is doing a lot more for their body than someone who doesn’t.   And regardless of your views on running, it HAS and will CONTINUE to change people’s lives for the better.  And when someone says, ‘We just aren’t able to do that’, maybe you should start by changing your diet so that after you drop some weight you may feel as if you can begin ‘doing that’.  It is never too late to change your life, and if you are in danger of dying due to your unfit state, then do something about it!  Why stand by why you progressively get more and more out of shape, when changing your course can be as simple as reading a Healthy Cookbook, if eating is your enemy.  If you are just lazy, make it a point to get out and be active for  just two weeks, and see if you don’t get hooked on the natural high that fitness can bring you.  There is no better feeling than after a long run, brisk hike, or epic workout at the gym, and why do so many people (like myself) get so amped up talking about it?  Cause that feeling becomes an addiction, so while others are addicted to their second pack of cigarettes for the day, or that awesome gut-gurgling ‘I just ate a double quarter pounder with large fries and bucket-o-cola  feeling’, I am high on the relief that I just did something for me, so that I can live as long as I possibly can to enjoy what little time we have on this playground called Earth.
So what am I really ranting about?  I’m tired of all the ‘Health Cynics’ out there who more than half the time are the most unhealthy people you know.  Spread the joy of living a healthy lifestyle, don’t knock it ‘cause you just don’t agree with someone’s views, or for the most part, have no idea what you are actually talking about.  If it’s not for you, then so be it, but only dismiss it after you have given a full-hearted effort to find out if it works for you or not.  If you know someone who needs help, lend them a ‘healthy hand’ and bring some sense of well-being  to someone  knowing they are doing everything they can to get the most out of life.  If you are the one in need of help, ask someone, ask ME, or educate yourself on weight lifting, running, swimming, hiking, biking or whatever else it is that puts your body in motion, because after all, a body in motion is a machine, the most amazing machine on the planet that actually gets stronger the more you use it! 
And for the record, I will be getting high today…maybe even twice.  See you at the gym!

1 comment:

  1. i need a like button :) as a nurse, we are supposed to promote health and fitness and wellbeing....have you seen most nurses!? argh!!! so...i've been spreading the word, encouraging my coworkers to walk during lunch, share healthy recipes with each other etc. what do i get "WELL i don't have time for that, anyway, you are skinny, why do you need to workout anyway..." what!?!?! have they thought that i'm gettin fit because i work my butt off (literally) for it!? lol i get up at 4am on work days or come home dog tired and get my workout in bc its important! ok....i'll get off my soapbox hahahah thanks for this one :) i enjoyed it barrett!!!! take care and have a good evening!!

    ReplyDelete